Sump Pump Fail? Water in your basement? Need Help now?
The rainy season brings with it the possibility of wet basements. Having a working, well maintained sump pump can be the difference between a dry basement and a middle of the night emergency. Fortunately sump pumps are typically reliable, but as with any equipment, regular maintenance will help ensure your sump pump operation.
A couple of things that you can do check your sump pump operations:
- Check your power supply. Sump Pumps should be plugged into a GFCI. Make sure the breakers have not tripped and are working!
- Check for debris in the bottom of the crock. Rocks, toys, anything that falls into the pit can block the inlet and potentially cause damage to the pump.
- If float mechanism is detached from the pump, ensure it is not catching on anything, upright and operational.
- Pour a bucket of water into the crock to make sure the pump kicks on and drains quickly. If it doesn’t, you should have it serviced!
- Ensure that the vent hole is clear of debris.
- If you live in an area with frequent power outages, consider a battery backup system.
Don’t have time (or the inlcination) to maintain your sump pump, but don’t want to risk a sump pump failure? No problem, That Handyman has you covered!
We are happy to help you with:
- Sump Pump Maintenance
- Sump Pump Repair
- Sump Pump Installation
- Backup Pump Solutions
REQUEST A QUOTE
WHY CHOOSE US
We understand that it’s expensive to call on a contractor, so we want you to get true value for your dollars
- 24/7 Hour Emergency Services
- Professional, Licensed Plumbers
- affordable prices
- no hidden costs
- Discounts to Senior Citizens