STOP PLUMBING LEAKS BEFORE THEY START
An inch in time, saves nine, right? Of course the same principle applies in other areas of our lives as well. Do regular checks and any necessary preventative maintenance! It only makes good sense for your home or business, as well as your checkbook. Maintenance avoids plumbing leaks or surprises such as a clogged or broken main drain or a sewer line failing. That Plumber has some recommendations that if followed, will help ensure your home or business is in tip top shape!
- Use your exhaust fan every time. In both the kitchen and bath, use of the exhaust fan removes steam and prevents water buildup which can cause mold and mildew.
- Inspect around your water softener, water heater, washer, dishwasher, sinks, bathrooms and refrigerator water lines. If the hoses to these household systems’ hoses show wear, replace them. Consider replacing hoses to major appliances such as your washer and dishwasher every two to five years. Stainless steel hoses have a longer lifespan than most other hoses.
- Allow faucets connected to vulnerable (outdoor or garage, non insulated) pipes drip during extremely cold weather if you do not intend to winterize them. Doing this keeps the water moving and reduces the likelihood of the pipes freezing.
- Turn off water to your washing machine when leaving your home on vacation or for an extended period of time. This can help prevent flooding, should the line burst while you are gone. Avoid leaving while washers, dishwashers or other appliances are still running.
- Flush your water heater once a year to remove corrosion and debris. Failing to do this can result in lines being clogged or bursting.
- Locate your water shutoff valve and know how to shut off household water supplies in the event of a sudden pipe, hose break or any other water emergency.
That Plumber is licensed in the state of Ohio and proudly serves his community in Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Summit and surrounding counties.
REQUEST A QUOTE
WHY CHOOSE US
We understand that it’s expensive to call on a contractor, so we want you to get true value for your dollars
- Emergency Services
- Professional, Licensed Plumbers
- affordable prices
- no hidden costs
- Discounts to Senior Citizens